Thursday 16 January 2014

MAC Magentic Nude: Fairly Precious & Magentic Appeal EDSF



MAC describes their Extra Dimension Skinfinish formula as a 
"unique liquid-powder hybrid formula delivering high resolution colour and prismatic reflections in versatile finishes with up to six hours of colour coverage".

GENERAL THOUGHTS


These EDSFs are my favourite type of highlighter. I love the almost liquid metal effect that they create. Whilst other highlighters can be described as overly shimmery or glittery these apply with a beautiful sheen, a metallic glow almost!  Luminous might be a great word to describe the effect of the EDSFs. Additionally, the EDSFs released by MAC in the last few years have been extremely pigmented so go easy when applying. These skinfinishes are also long lasting.


MAC Fairly Precious EDSF



MAC Fairly Precious EDSF

Fairly Precious taken with flash!


When I first found information about the Magnetic Nude collection online I deliberated long and hard over this EDSF. I really wondered if the colour would show up on my skin tone or if it would simply give the much loved metallic glow. In fact, this product ended up being an impulsive add to my cart and was a regret until I received my package.


It is described as a “peach with dimensional pearly green" and is in fact a peachy colour that has some underlying orange undertones and a frosted sheen. The frost is Fairly Precious is a lot more than compared to some of the other EDSFs. The colour payoff is pretty good although it is not as blatant or as strong as I had hoped for on my nc42/43 skin when applied to the face. However, the overall effect is absolutely beautiful and i'm extremely glad I decided to get this one.


The texture is soft to the touch and it blends and applies like a dream. The drawback is that there is a slight emphasis on the skin's texture and pores but the overall effect more than makes up for that. When I wore this out it was going strong after the 4-5 hours that I wore it for.


Fairly Precious on inner arm. Swatch blended out on the right.

Same as above, this time with flash!



Just a snap showing how lighting can really change the colour of an EDSF


MAC Magnetic Appeal EDSF




MAC Magnetic Appeal EDSF


With flash!

Described as a "medium tan with fine gold sheen" this was the more obvious selection for me when I first found the collection information.The gold sheen is not as obvious in normal lighting. On my skintone it shows up as a coppery-brown with orange or red undertones. It definitely does not translate as seen in the pan. It's not as frosted as Fairly Precious nor as metallic. The pigmentation is really great though so a little goes a long way. I haven't had a chance to wear it out as yet so I can't comment on the wear time. Again, the texture is soft and the product blends beautifully.



MAC Magnetic Appeal in normal lighting.

MAC Magnetic Appeal taken with flash.

 Pic showing how the colour appears due to change lighting

These skinfinishes are available online still so let me know what you guys think or get! I would definitely encourage you guys to try out this formula. xx









No comments:

Post a Comment